Block of brownie goodness made from chocolate chips – and few other basics.
1/3 cup butter
¾ cup sugar
2 Tbl H2O
1 12-oz bag chocolate chips, divided (whatever kind of chips you want – mix it up)
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
- Grease a 9×9 pan and preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a large saucepan combine butter, sugar and water. Bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add ½ of the chocolate chips and the vanilla; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add flour, soda and salt.
- Stir in remaining chips.
- Spread in the greased 9×9 pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Makes 16 2 ¼ inch squares.
Adapted from the back of a Nestlé’s packet, c. 1985